Printing 4 x 6 Phono, HP Officejet Pro K850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing 4 x 6 Phono, HP Officejet Pro K850

I'm a long-time Irfanview user. The program was progressively improved with useful features, and it performed well with Windows 95 through Windows XP operating systems. With Windows Vista and Windows 7, I experienced printing difficulties.

I'm using a Hewlett-Packard Officejet Pro K850 printer for 4-inch x 6-inch photos. The K850 accepts sheet sizes up to 13-inch x 19-inch, but will not print borderless pictures. It leaves a 0.2-inch border at the top and sides and a 0.5-inch border at the bottom. HP offers 4 x 6 photo paper with a 0.5-inch "tab" (tear-off strip) at the bottom. The printer driver lists "4 x 6 photo w/tab" as a standard sheet size. The tab allows printing closer to the bottom edge of the photo.

With Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, Irfanview prints as if standard photo paper (without a tab) was used, leaving a 0.5-inch border at the bottom. I don't know if this error originates with the operating system, with the printer driver or with Irfanview.

I created a custom paper size in the printer setup using dimensions of 4-inch x 6.5-inch. Still, I couldn't get Irfanview to print with even borders. With this custom sheet size in Microsoft Word, I can position a picture toward the top of the sheet and print with even borders on all sides.

Except for printing, Irfanview performs very well under Windows Vista and Windows 7. I would like to be able to print from Irfanview, as it is convenient to crop, edit, etc. and then print from Irfanview without having to save changes.

In Print Preview you could try:
    Position: Centered
    Print size: Best fit to page (aspect ratio)
    With these settings your printer should print with even left/right borders.
    Your 0.5-inch border at the bottom comes from the printers 'tab' option.
    You have to experiment with the Top margin in the Print Preview of IrfanView to get no buttom border.

Comment

Working...
    X