Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "use resample function for zooming" option has no effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "use resample function for zooming" option has no effect.

I've recently upgraded to the most recent version and I found I can't turn off resampling for zooming. I tried to delete the .ini file, but still no effect. The option is unchcecked, but resampling is used anyway.
    Last edited by Nomen; 17.06.2010, 01:47 PM.

Please give us some more information such as;

How are you zooming - Toolbar icons, hotkeys, mouse wheel ?
    Are you displaying the image - In a window, fullscreen, in a slideshow ?
    What ratios are you zooming from and to ?
    Where (which menu, sub-menu or dialog) are you selecting resampling On or Off ?
    Do you see any difference at all between resampling On or off when Zooming (including how long it takes for each zoom step) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      Please give us some more information such as;

How are you zooming - Toolbar icons, hotkeys, mouse wheel ?
      No diference and it worked correctly before the upgrade.

Are you displaying the image - In a window, fullscreen, in a slideshow ?
      Window. I tried fullscreen now and fullscreen seems to work correctly.

What ratios are you zooming from and to ?
      I have no idea what you mean. Zoom step 10%, absolute step, if you mean this.

Where (which menu, sub-menu or dialog) are you selecting resampling On or Off ?
      P hotkey, option as in the name of this thread.

Do you see any difference at all between resampling On or off when Zooming (including how long it takes for each zoom step) ?
      No difference at all.

Comment

Oh, I found it, it's hidden on the toolbar menu!!! OMG why??? Does anyone need two different settings for fullscreen/window at two completely different places?? You did it to confuse people? And the step is set in the P settings for both so it seems you really did it just to confuse users...
        Last edited by Nomen; 17.06.2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

To avoid confusing others, these settings are not on the "toolbar" menu, they are under the View heading on the main menu. You will find there dialogs for "Window mode" options and for "Fullscreen" options, which includes Slideshows.

For the benefit of Nomen, the author of the Irfanview program is Irfan Skiljan and not those who reply to requests for support on this forum. We certainly do not aim to confuse him or anyone else, nor do I believe that Irfan does.

Yes, it is inconsistent to have a link to the Fullscreen viewing options in the main Properties dialog and not one to the Window mode viewing options. The reasons why it is so are mainly historical but it is something that could be improved, along with a number of other potentially confusing features of the Viewing options. Perhaps those who pay for the program might have some justification for complaining.

Comment

Working...
          X