extract IPTC captions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extract IPTC captions?

Can IrfanView or Thumbnails help me extract the captions I have entered in the IPTC caption field? I need to create a table of contents from the captions I've assigned and am really dreading having to open each image and copy/paste the caption into a Word doc. If IrfanView can't do this, any thoughts on other options?

Thank you,
    Sarah

You can extract the IPTC caption using the /info and /fullinfo command line options. I posted a script file here that uses these command line options to extract the information from files in a list and produces a table of all the data extracted.

I have attached another copy of the script file here with the extra pattern you will need added to it and all the other patterns commented out so that they are not printed. You just need to make a list of all your files and drop it onto the "IV_info.vbs" script file. The Readme file tells you how to use the Irfanview slideshow dialog to make the list.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sarah,

IrfanView might do this, using the command line options "/info=<textfile>" and "/fullinfo". I'll have a look at this the next days.

Best regards, Nils.

Edit: I was to slow. ;-)

Comment

thanks!

Thanks for these ideas. I'll let you know what works.

Comment

Working...
        X