Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subfolders: How to store thumbnails within subfolders

Hi.
    I have several hundred thousand jpeg images in a few thousand folders for which I now need to create thumbnails. I can see how to get Irfanview to access all the images (batch mode and clicking the 'include subfolders' box), and can rename them as I wish, but this puts the thumbnails all in the parent directory. Is it possible to store the thumbnails in the subfolders in which the original images reside?

I am using Irfanview 4.0 and Windows XP.

Thanks,
    Will

Hi Will,

Click on the thumbnail attached to see how I did it (better than a long explanation I believe). Step 2 and beginning with "$d\" at step 5 are essential to get what you want. For more explanations about $d, look in IrfanView's help file (F1 -> Options Menu -> Text/Pattern Options).

Laurent
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
      Is it possible to store the thumbnails in the subfolders in which the original images reside?
      Another method is to save the thumbs from within the thumbnails-modus of IrfanView. Select all the files in a folder and hit File » Save selected thumbs as single images. Notice: Options » Load thumbs from all subfolders.

Comment

Working...
      X