X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing a subset of a folder's content

I am new to IrfanView.
    Using Windows 7.
    Problem description: The folder holds over 300 images. I do not want to have to scroll through all these images when all I want to work on is 5 or 6. I have jpg files associated with IrfanView. Tagging 5 or six files in Windows Explorer and then hitting the enter key works one of two ways depending on whether "View all files in directory" is checked or not. If this option is checked, then all files are scrolled through in sequence. If this option is not checked, then only 1 image is displayed in IrfanView. Is there any way to configure IrfanView to display and scroll through a subset of a folder's content?

Yes, I've seen that a subset can be displayed in Slide-show mode, but I am needing the subset in the Editing mode. Thanks!

The only way I know of displaying a subset is to use the command line option "/filelist" but you would need a list of the images you want in a text file to do that.
    What I would suggest is that you use a batch file or a script to do that for you. Attached is a Visual Basic script that does it. Unzip the file "IV_launch.vbs" and save it somewhere on your computer. Then right click on your Irfanview shortcut icon, select Properties and change "Target" to point to IV_launch.vbs instead of direct to i_view32.exe.
    I have written the script so that dropping one (or no) file onto the shortcut does as at present but if you drop two or more onto it Irfanview will open with those files only.

Note: Visual Basic scripts are just text files so you can open it in Notepad to take a look or change it as you wish. The first two lines are the location of your Irfanview file and where I decided to put my temporary file. You will definitely need to change that because I put it in my own user Appdata folder.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mij; 29.12.2010, 04:16 PM. Reason: Added note

Comment

Working...
    X