Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual monitor full screen

Hi,
    I'm currently using a dual monitor setup. When I select an image file in windows explorer Irfanview displays the file on one monitor but when I press enter to display the image in full screen the image is displayed on the 2nd monitor. This never happened in previous versions, but rather go back to an earlier version. If anyone has a solution I would be very grateful.
    Thank you

Sorry do not have a dual monitor setup at present.
    Suggest that you check the settings of Multiple monitor mode in the Fullscreen/slideshow options and Remember the last window size/position in Viewing options, though.

Comment

I've tried both yr suggestions Mij but neither solved the problem. If anyone else has a dual monitor setup can they reproduce my problem in case there is something simple I am missing.
      Thanks

Comment

Possible explanation

It works correctly for me. However, I noticed that the full screen display opens on the monitor containing the left edge of the IrfanView window. So, if you have IrfanView open so that most of the display is on your right monitor except for a few pixels on the left monitor, full screen will open on the left monitor. This gives the appearance that it opens on the "other" monitor when it's actually the same monitor.

The basic situation -- window partially on more than one monitor -- is inherently ambiguous. But it might be more intuitive if IrfanView opened the full screen display on the monitor containing the center of the window instead of the upper left corner.

Comment

What version of IrfanView are you using? A dual-screen-related bug was just fixed in the latest update (4.28) http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/show...indow-position

Comment

Working...
          X