problem with the command-Open with external editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with the command-Open with external editor

I have the last version of irfanview (I use windows 7). In option>properties>miscellaneuos I set two external editors 1. photoshop cs5 and 2. photoshop bridg. when I open the file menu
    and use the command "open with external editor" I do get the the external editor I want
    but without the photo I want to edit. I didnt have this problem with the previous version
    of irfanview and photoshop cs4. Can you help me solve this annoying problem.

I cannot see that anything has changed since the last version. I do not have Photoshop CS4 but the external editor links that I do have work as previously.
    I would test CS4 by dragging an image file from Windows Explorer and dropping it onto your CS4 launch icon. If that opens correctly, with the image displayed, then post again telling us exactly what you have entered in the dialog box under Properties / Miscellaneous against that external editor.

Comment

I can't reproduce this problem. Do you have the full path of the applications in the dialog box?
      Does drag and drop to PS CS 5 work?
      What system do you use (Windows, 32bit or 64bit)?

Comment

Hello.
        I'd like to refresh topic. I've got the same problem: opening file in external editor doesn't work. External
        application is being launched, but file is not opened in app (gimp, picasa, etc.). In my case, it is caused by
        polish diacritic signs (letters) used in folder names (see screenshots below).
        I run Win 7 x64 PL. On Win XP PL this problem doesn't occur.
        Can this problem be solved?
        Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

TIA

Gizi

Comment

Ita -- Could it have something to do with the path of the image? I recall a problem that I had (with something else, not IrfanView) in XP, when a profile name had a comma in it. So that can be a factor, under certain circumstances. Then there's other directory names.... Oh, one other thing -- do hou have "Send dhort file name to external editor" checked?

That's my best speculation. I've never had the problem.

gizi -- The clue may be in error3e.jpg -- you need to enable the unicode plugin. (In Properties > Language)
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
            gizi -- The clue may be in error3e.jpg -- you need to enable the unicode plugin. (In Properties > Language)
            Nope, loading unicode plugin at start is checked. But your suggestion forced me to check what will happen if this option is unchecked. That was it . Without this plugin images are opened in external editor correctly. It is a little bit strange, but problem is solved.
            Thank you Matera

Gizi

Comment

Working...
            X