Setting Properties to 300dpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Properties to 300dpi

In the new one, since I just downloaded it, expecting the interface I'd seen elsewhere, I can't seem to set the properties to 300dpi. Indeed, I can't seem to set the dpi ANYWHERE.

Help, please.
    Hey, hey: Look what I can do..
    http://www.nikwatt.co.uk

Ctrl+R (Resize) - bottom left
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Hi,

moved to the right forum (Support).

steve

PS: Welcome here

Comment

Originally posted by NikWatt View Post
        In the new one, since I just downloaded it, expecting the interface I'd seen elsewhere, I can't seem to set the properties to 300dpi. Indeed, I can't seem to set the dpi ANYWHERE.

Help, please.
        Set Menu->Image->Information->Resolution
        Press Change
        Save the image

Comment

Both ways of setting the dpi seem to do the same. On the contrary to what one may expect the setting in "Resize" does not trigger resampling.

Comment

How about a global setting - or at least something so that the default in "Resize/Resample" is 300, not 72??
            Firefox 3.5.x & Thunderbird 2.0.0.x - Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 & Windows XP-SP3
            (1) 2.8 GHz/2Gb/ATI HD2600-512 RAM, SIS AC97 OB Audio (2) 2.9GHz /2Gb/NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE-256 RAM, Intel 82801 OB Audio

...Yes, he also uses IrfanView in Ubuntu linux!

Comment

Hi,

72dpi is the common setting for displays. 300dpi for older printers, most of the newer are able to user 600dpi.

And not every file format is capable to save the dpi into the image file.

For those who use IrfanView just to view and edit 72dpi ist a good value.

But it might be possible to have a custom default setting.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

In fact most consumer printers can't even approach 150 dpi on color or grayscale graphics. Only elements consisting entirely of Black will be output at the max resolution.

Comment

Hi,

that may be right. But the algorithms are calculationg with the given resolution...

Nils.

Comment

Working...
                  X