jpg icons...unable to change???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpg icons...unable to change???

I am able to change the Irfanview shortcut icon on my desktop but all the .jpg's in my various folders are not showing as Irfanview icon I'm using for my desktop/shortcut icon (yellow smiley face)...
    I'm using windows 7 currently and any .jpg's that sit on my desktop don't show as Irfanview icon/s--they are simply 'miniature thumbnails' of whatever the photo is?!

Previously, I was using Windows XP and when I changed the icon in Irfanview 'options/preferences' to the yellow smiley face (I can't stand 'red cats' my .jpg's also all showed up as the yellow smiley faces...
    is there a way, in Win 7 to allow Irfanview icons to be chosen (to represent all .jpg's) or has Bill Gates become an enemy now of the Irfanview fans/community? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help here...

Jim K.

A small 'edit' is in order (above post)...I do get the yellow smiley face icons now in my photo folders--it's only on my desktop that any jpg's are not showing as smiley face icons (they're 'miniature thumbnails' of the actual photo/image/graphic).

Jim K.

Comment

Settings for the desktop can be a little different from normal folder settings. If you do not have "Always show icons, never thumbnails" checked in Windows Explorer's Folder Options > View dialog, you will see thumbnails instead of icons on the desktop, even if you use Details view in regular Explorer windows.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks for the feedback...
        I now see my .jpg's as 'icons' and not, 'thumbnails' (since I followed your advice

Jim K.

Originally posted by matera View Post
        Settings for the desktop can be a little different from normal folder settings. If you do not have "Always show icons, never thumbnails" checked in Windows Explorer's Folder Options > View dialog, you will see thumbnails instead of icons on the desktop, even if you use Details view in regular Explorer windows.

Comment

Working...
        X