Windows 7--4.10,4.27,4.28 crash when starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7--4.10,4.27,4.28 crash when starting

Using Windows 7and Irfanview 4.27. Slideshow terminates less than one second after start and program reverts to main Irfanview window. Tried different setting for a couple hours with no luck. I uninstalled 4.27 and reinstalled 4.10 and same thing happened. I installed 4.28 and same thing.

This problem has been reported previously but, as I recall, since nobody else could reproduce it at the time it remained unexplained. There are a number of ways of interrupting the slideshow and reverting to the main Irfanview window, both documented ones like pressing Enter or Esc and undocumented ones such as Ctrl+Alt and even clicking the mouse in the top right corner of the screen. The suspicion was that another application or process might be interfering in some way and causing the interruption.
    Incidentally it is not correct to call this a crash. If the main Irfanview window remains displayed then the process is probably still running. Press W and the slideshow dialog will reappear and let you restart the show.

Comment

Working...
    X