Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question When Opening Video Files

Hi...

When I open a video done with Jing (by Techsmith) ...it appears in a very small window...is there a way to open it initially to the original size of the video ...??

Thanks ...!!

Really like your program ..!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marin; 23.10.2007, 02:06 PM. Reason: Removed video link and added screenshot

Can't confirm this. Maybe you should check your settings in the Properties/Video tag.
    You're example is a Flash thing, so it's not really sure what the real size is.
    If one downloads a movie from youtube, it often appears to be 320x240 as the real size.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That is certainly an annoying thing. I watched your demonstration video - very clear what was happening.

It seems that the problem is caused by the software that created the files! I have never seen this before, all the Flash files I have, whether downloaded or made with various programs I have or had, display at normal size. I retrieved your demo from my browser cache, and when opened in IV it was postage-stamp size.

So - apparently the issue is only with files created with JING. We will have to look into this (speaking for all dedicated IV researchers ).

All rightie - I downloaded Jing and tried it out. A bit exasperating because the installation gets nearly finished before it tells me that I need admin privileges. Ack.

Anyway, I made one and then sent them some feedback about the IV display problem, along with some compliments, because it really does a nice job. Somewhen, somehow, I'm sure someone will find a way to fix the problem.

The header of the Jing SWF's is quite distinct. There is something about "scale mode" - which might indicate that it has built-in resizing info.
      Last edited by matera; 21.10.2007, 04:06 AM. Reason: added a lot :-)
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Hi...

Thanks for the info and reply(s).. !! ....will check back to see if anything comes back from Jing....Techsmith also does Snagit, and their work seems first class....however Jing is a work in progress at this point....it is a lot of fun to use though and a certainly a powerful communication tool....

If I right click on a video file and choose to open with Internet Explorer or Quick Time, each video opens to its original size OK. They play clearest (no ghosting at all) in IE.

When Jing is open... if you right click on the little Jing icon in the lower right task bar area...then select history...it will open up a folder with all the videos you have created...each shown in very small size....perhaps that has something to do with the initial opening problem....though I save the files to a separate folder also when created.

One more question...at one point I selected an option to open all files with IrfanView (all files have the little red icons now)...how do I reverse that, if so desired...??

Many Thanks....

Comment

The header of the Jing SWF's is quite distinct. There is something about "scale mode" - which might indicate that it has built-in resizing info.
          Good guess.
          then select history...it will open up a folder with all the videos you have created...each shown in very small size....
          Maybe some 'show/save file as thumbnail' option somewhere ?
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

There really aren't many options available in Jing (yet), unfortunately. I think I will find it useful, though. Thanks for inspiring me to get it, Marin.

About the icons - in Properties - extensions you can sort out what you want associated. Associations (and thus icons) will be restored decently. Hit the "miscellaneous" button on the right of that prefs page to find some icon options too, and a couple of other settings. Having "Open with Irfanview" on the context menu and in SendTo is one of life's greater little pleasures.
            ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

I got a nice reply to my Jing feedback, and sent back more details on the display problem. There is certainly some feature specific to the Jing SWF's that lets them display normally in browsers and other image viewers - I tested FreshView today, it loaded full-size (but the window wasn't - LOL). It could be something lacking in the IV plugin that the others have.
              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Sounds like progress !!...

Yes...noticed that videos do load full size in Quick Time and IExplore...using OpenExpert to open them....

I actually do not as yet need to load many videos...but a fix would be great....

Many thanks as usual....
                Last edited by marin; 25.10.2007, 01:49 AM. Reason: Removed question re opening files & folders...figured out my error...thanks...

Comment

The Jing files lack size info that IV can read. Apparently other programs look at some other data. Here is some relevant info:

IrfanView Flash player - File>Properties

From a Jing-made file:
                  --------------------------------
                  Info Value

Flash Player version 9,0,47,0
                  Required Player version 8
                  Compressed No
                  Protected No
                  Background color #FFFFFF
                  Framerate 10 fps
                  Number of frames 253 frames
                  Width 0
                  Height 0
                  Movie size 834516 bytes

From a couple of "normal" SWF's:
                  Info Value

Required Player version 5
                  Compressed No
                  Protected No
                  Background color #333333
                  Framerate 12 fps
                  Number of frames 2 frames
                  Width 330
                  Height 400
                  Movie size 58634 bytes
                  Info Value

Required Player version 6
                  Compressed Yes
                  Compression ratio 62%
                  Protected Yes
                  Background color #000000
                  Framerate 12 fps
                  Number of frames 1 frame
                  Width 718
                  Height 300
                  Movie size 6864 bytes

"Width 0 Height 0"
                  - indeed! LOL No wonder the Jings look small.
                  ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

video in WMV movie

When Slideshow encounters a WMV movie it shows a blank screen. The sound comes okay and the video is fine when invoked outside a Slideshow.

Also, Slideshow doesn't appear to honor the sort, i.e., images are shown in order of their name regardless of the sort. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                    X