Subdirectories with Batch Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subdirectories with Batch Conversions

I've been toying with the new Irfanview batch conversions, (which I like very much btw), and noticed for the first time that I can include subdirectories in the Add All function. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way I can perform a batch conversion\rename on a folder with lots of subfolders, & save the images back to where they go instead of the parent folder. (IE, I wanna rotate book1 & book2, and save the images back to the book1 & book2 folder NOT the books folder) Is there any way to do this short of totally re-creating the directory structure somewhere else using the advanced options, or calling irfanview via command line?

Got it!

Ok, I figured this one out. Felt kinda dumb after thinking about it. For anybody else who has ever wanted to do this...

Say you have the following directory tree you wanna convert tif images to jpgs...

C:\temp
    -book1
    -book2
    -book3

A.) Open batch conversion. Click the "Include subdirectories" option. Add the c:\temp directory.

B.) Set your output directory to c:\.

C.) In Advanced Options, click the "Create subdirectories in destination folder" option, & make sure advanced options is turned on.

It puts the files back where they were originally for the entire directory. I know, stupid stupid question, but I figured if I didn't know how to do it, there might be somebody else out there who didn't either.

Comment

There are - and now we can steer them to this thread. Thank you.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
      X