ini file keeps reseting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved ini file keeps reseting

I have a customized ini file, everytime I press S to save image it resets all settings and creates a new almost empty ini file. I can't keep my custom settings...
    That behaviour was already on previous versions although I couldnt identify what causes reset. My solution was to keep a separate ini file and restore it everytime. But it's very uncomfortable to do that.

After some experiments found out that there's a two byte header in "text" i_view64.ini with: FF FE which any editor will omit after any edition. Irfanview will consider INI file invalid and empty it. That behaviour is really annoying and I would consider it a bug. INI files are ment for user to edit and modify behaviour as needed.

Comment

The ini file is in unicode format. Which text editor are you using? Most modern text editors can handle unicode.
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Solved, I'm using Textpad, there's an optional non text "Byte Order Mark" (BOM) header on some Unicode files which Textpad deletes unless you check in Preferences, Document, Text: Write Unicode and UTF-8 BOM. After that, BOM header is kept and file is not reset by IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
        X