IrfanView starts in background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView starts in background

Since some days IrfanView starts only in background. When I click on the tab, the tab becomes grey as if it is activated, but nothing else happens.
    If I right-click on the tab, I can close the tab or I can open the last used pictures; they will be opened in foreground.

I don't find a setting to influence this behavior, I use latest version/64bit.

In the settings - Start/Exit options, isn't the "Only 1 instance of Irfanview is active" selected?
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

No, this is not selected. I often need 3 or more instances to view them at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Schumann View Post
        Since some days IrfanView starts only in background. When I click on the tab, the tab becomes grey as if it is activated, but nothing else happens.
        Which version of Windows are you using?

I have never had a problem with Irfanview but I do occasionally get the following problem with Word and Excel on Windows 7, which sounds a bit like what you are describing (if I understand you correctly).

I open a document in Word, then try to open a new document... but the new document is not displayed.

If I left click on the Word icon on the taskbar, I do see that there are two instances but the 2nd window preview is just shown grey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	183
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	92128

If I now right click on the grey preview and select Restore, the 2nd Word document is displayed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	152
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	92129

Does thIs work for you?

Comment

Working...
        X