When Optimizing an image with OptiPNG, switching to another app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug When Optimizing an image with OptiPNG, switching to another app

I'm using IrfanView 4.58 32 bits using PortableApps on my computer : windows 10 pro x64 20H2.
    When saving an image to png with a compression level of 9, and the OptiPNG plugin enabled and set to 7, if I switch app or my screen goes to energy economy, the Irfan process is suspended and I have to kill the app.
    I did not try other settings (64 bits version, other compression settings,…) at the moment, I will do and enrich this post if needed, I just want to know if I'm the only one with this problem.

Do you see the progress? OptiPNG process takes a while.

I don't know PortableApps. You can get portable version of IrfanView and Plugin package from IrfanView website. Just select the ZIP downloads.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
      Do you see the progress? OptiPNG process takes a while.
      Yes there is progress, until I switch to another app or my screen goes to economy. If I stay on the process and move my mouse so the screen stays on, the optimize save is successful.
      But else, the soft stops responding and the process is shown as suspended in "process explorer".
      Seems it's a problem only on my pc. I'm gonna try various things like 64 bits version and the portable zip to pinpoint the problem.

Comment

So, it was a temporary problem with my system.
        I restarted my computer following the latest windows patch update, and now the process is working without being suspended.
        Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X