Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange new behavior using image rotation (L or R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange new behavior using image rotation (L or R)

I keep my phone camera locked in landscape mode, so photos I take in portrait display sideways. No big deal, I just hit the L key then control S and I'm good to go.
    But lately that no longer works. But here's the really odd thing: if I hit the L key twice, putting it in reverse landscape, then control S - Voila! it saves it in portrait mode. I've tested it using the R key, and the same thing happens.
    After using the rotate function it saves it 90° off from what it is displaying.
    If I use the S (Save as) function and save it with the same or a new file name, it works as expected.
    Anyone else have this new interesting feature?

First. I would recommend using the Lossless JPEG Transformation for rotating JPEG images (Shif+J). Regular file save may reduce the picture quality.

I was fed up with photos in incorrect rotation. So in my workflow, I let Lossless JPEG Transformation Autorotate all photos, then I manually fix the incorrect ones using the same tool. I no longer have problems with incorrectly rotated photos.

In IrfanView Thumbnails you can use Lossless JPEG Transformation on all photos in a folder. Just press Ctrl+A to select them all.
    Last edited by JendaLinda; 11.08.2021, 02:16 PM.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
    X