Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to the webp files show preview icon in Windows desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to the webp files show preview icon in Windows desktop?

Most common images type are shown the preview icon in desktop, which is convenience.

but not webp files, as more and more download images are this format nowadays, I would like to have it show preview icon as well.

I do bit of research, all the solution isn't solve my problem. So I would like to post here to give me some luck.

here are some extra info may help to trace the issue:

- I use irfanview 4.58 32bit portable version, with manually installed full size of plugins.
    - I do set default apps in irfanview's settings, made irfanview as my default image viewer in my Windows 10.
    - my irfanview opens webp very well
    - the option "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows is unchecked, as the other common images type are show preview icon correctly.

Thanks.

Last edited by yorgxhnd; 09.09.2021, 04:00 PM.

IrfanView has nothing to do with thumbnails in Windows Explorer. You need to install WebP Image extension from Microsoft Store.
    Last edited by JendaLinda; 09.09.2021, 05:19 PM.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
      IrfanView has nothing to do with thumbnails in Windows Explorer. You need to install WebP Image extension from Microsoft Store.
      Thanks for the reply, followed your advice, I installed an thumbnail tool to solve my problem.

Comment

Working...
      X