Cannot delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot delete?

Hi, I'm new to Irfanview Batch Conversions. Had Irfanview for years but usually use CS2 mainly and a couple of other progs but a friend thought he would make my life easier when he pointed out that this was indisputeably the best solution for my problem

In various folders I have a mix of jpg and tif files, the tif's I wish to convert to jpg's. So far so good

I am using batch convert and would like to do this in one operation so I tried using settings Options at 100% quality, Advanced with only "Delete original files after conversion" ticked. "Output directory for result files" is "Use current look-in directory".

OK, so this does work..............for a while, it converts the tif's to jpg's and removes the tif originals. Unfortunately, after completing a variable no. of files an error message pops up saying "Cannot delete - cannot read file or disk" and you have to click OK to continue on every file after that. Anyone know what's happening?

It's easy enough to save the converts to a temp file, delete the tif's in the original file and then replace them with the jpg's from the temp file without any errors at all. Bit time consuming though

Or, I am I missing something here..................

Denis.
    DenisG
    Irfanview 4.10 on Windows XPpro
    Gallery

You could save the converted images to the same directory without deleting the originals and then sort by file type in order to select all one kind to delete. I can't say what is occurring with the "cannot read" business, except that there may be some sort of confusion as to what files have already been deleted - it sounds like it's trying to do some over again. Could be something about the way you select the files to process.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
      You could save the converted images to the same directory without deleting the originals and then sort by file type in order to select all one kind to delete. I can't say what is occurring with the "cannot read" business, except that there may be some sort of confusion as to what files have already been deleted - it sounds like it's trying to do some over again. Could be something about the way you select the files to process.
      Thanks Matera but doing it the temp way is/was ok until I discovered that no matter what I ticked in the various settings, Irfanview wouldn't save the exif data so to complete this file conversion I have gone back to Acdsee, which does save the exif but adds thumbnail size pics as well!

Thanks anyway, most appreciated

Denis.
      DenisG
      Irfanview 4.10 on Windows XPpro
      Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X