Exported jpg always lose the source icc profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Exported jpg always lose the source icc profile

Hi I'm modifying in Irfanview 4.62 a .tif file with embedded sRGB color profile and I need to keep this ICC Profile also in the final jpg file I export at the end.
    Unfortunately no matter what settings I choose in "save as" window the exported jpg file always comes out without its original embedded color profile.
    How can I do not to lose it? Thanks

P.S. Same problem exporting from different source files or from jpg to jpg. I'm on Windows 11

IrfanView is not suitable fo editing photos with color profiles. The images are converted to the system color space when loaded.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

?........ok.... Thank you very much

Comment

You can disable color management in settings, and edit the direct pixel values instead. Then use the JPEG Lossless Operations dialog to insert the color profile back in.

Comment

Thank you j7n, good to know but I need to work in a color managed environment, not just maintain a color profile
          Anyway, by JPEG Lossless Operations dialog you mean options > create new jpg exif data...? Because I have no idea how to add an sRGB profile to it.
          Last edited by franksisco; 29.12.2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X