DICOM to JPEG converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DICOM to JPEG converter

Could I ask how the DICOM to JPEG converter Irfanview plugin works?

I have been converting DICOMs to JPEG for the earlier part of my research project.

Now I need to integrate the DICOM to JPEG converter using python to create a full pipeline for the next part of my research.

Is there a way to obtain the source code/ logic?

Thank you very much!

IrfanView provides command line interface. More details are in the program help.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply.

I used the standard batch conversion JPEG for my earlier research phase (screenshot attached)

However now I need to replicate this step exactly using python for my next project phase. However, I am unable to replicate 100% of the JPEG pixel values (created by IrfanView) using python. Some pixel array shifting occurs with IrfanView conversion.

Hence I am querying if there is a way to obtain the IrfanView DICOM->JPEG source code/ underlying logic?

Thank you.

Comment

The source code of IrfanView and IV's plugins is not public. The command line interface provides access to the batch conversion feature. Python allows to use system command line, so it should be possible to call IrfanView from Python.

JPEG is a lossy format, so pixel values may differ between encoders and decoders. If you need pixel perfect images, you should use a lossless format like PNG, for example.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
        X