organize large amount of photos with irfan view into different folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

organize large amount of photos with irfan view into different folders

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230201_132230176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	97122 Hi and Grüezi from Switzerland

i urgently need to organize a large amount of photos and put them into different (windows explorer)-folders. how exactly can i do this with irfan view. ideal would be to install a right-click option (move to e.g. baroque concert mai 2022). the most important thing would be a time saving and effective solution to this.

THANK YOU for a detailed walk-through! i am a newbie.

warm greetings from cold St. Gallen, Switzerland
    m@

There are two ways to do this with the help of IrfanView (IV):
    1) Press F7 to move a single picture to another folder. IV offers you to set 14 destination folders, that can be chosen by 1 to 0 and b to e.
    2) You can use Thumbnail View. Press t while a picture is shown. IV will create thumbnails of all pictures in the folder; this may take some time.
    You also might need to activate the folder tree via the menu.
    Then you can mark a couple of pictures and move them to a destination folder. The procedure is identical to Windows Explorer, except that IV does
    not store any thumbnail.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thank you. It seems the 1st solution would be a fast one. I will try this.

Comment

Working...
      X