Screen Capture creates blank files after a number of successful captures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Capture creates blank files after a number of successful captures

I've been using the Screen Capture tool for a long time and it has worked fine. Recently, it would work for a number of captures and then start creating files of 0 KB size.

Closing the program and re-opening doesn't solve the problem. I would reboot and would be able to use the tool again for a number (it varies) of captures and it would create 0 KB files again..

I installed the latest version and the problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this problem or have an idea what might be the cause? Perhaps something in the registry?

Thank you,
    Mike

After activating screen capture in IrfanView, did you activate the the window you want to capture (click on it)?
    Do you have the right to write to the folder where the captures shall be saved?
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thank you for the response.

I was capturing the entire desktop. I'd move windows around at times. It has always worked, for years. I haven't changed the process.

Yes, I have the rights to write to the folder. It was creating good files and empty files in the same folder.

It's perplexing.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X