Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Including "Use current ("look in") directory" in saved Batch conversion settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Including "Use current ("look in") directory" in saved Batch conversion settings?

I am using Batch conversion to equally crop a bunch of pictures. I saved the settings using Advanced>Save settings, but that doesn't save the Use current ("look in) directory setting from the main Batch conversion setting. Is there a way to include that setting as well?

The settings for batch conversion are saved between sessions. This is valid for the general settings and the advanced settings as well.
    The option to Save Settings in Advanced is to enable you to save different settings for Advanced. The current directory is not part of Advanced, so it is not covered
    by the Save Settings option in Advanced.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Perhaps a command line option? I couldn't find one, but maybe I missed it or it's undocumented.

Comment

There are no undocumented functions or options. Everything Irfanview can do is described in the help file i_view32.chm in the programme folder.
        You can start it there or in IrfanView with F1.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

In IrfanView 64 the ini file has the variable OpenDir in the [Open] section which defines the "Look in" Directory.

the command line program inifile https://www.horstmuc.de/wbat32.htm#inifile can get or save that value.

However, simply making a copy of "%AppData%\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view64.ini" into another directory and specifying that directory with:

/ini="Folder" - use the folder "Folder" for INI/LST files (read/save)

on the command line when you want to do something again will use all the saved parameters as though you never did anything else in between.

Comment

Thanks IrfanUserGuyxyx.

Is there a way to set the OpenDir variable to always point to the current directory, rather than being fixed?

Comment

I think you have to set it before you open IV. Most programs only read the ini file on startup. You could create a batch file that set it and then started IV. I do drag and drop with batch files where you drag and drop a file from a directory and it runs a program in that directory.
              Last edited by IrfanUserGuyxyx; 07.03.2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X