Can't save default jpg quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't save default jpg quality?

"File", "Save As", and the file is a jpg.
    The Quality is set to a default of 80. I want 95. I change the slider, but I can't figure out how to save it.

When I just click <Ctrl><S> to save it, I don't know which settings it is using.

When I go back to "File", "Save As" and see the options, it is back to 80. I also can't seem to Load, Delete, or Save a profile.

Please advise. Thank you. Great program.

Edit: I think I had to actually save a file using the new settings first... now it seems to be remembering the setting...?
    Last edited by Dougmeister; 25.08.2024, 12:23 PM.

Originally posted by Dougmeister View Post
    Edit: I think I had to actually save a file using the new settings first... now it seems to be remembering the setting...
    That's exactly how it works.

See Help > IrfanView Help > File Menu > Save, Options JPEG/GIF which says:

After setting the options you choose, click Save to save the image and store the settings. To exit without saving the file or changed options, click Cancel.

The new settings will stay in effect until you change them again?.
    ?
    You would not expect settings to be changed if you Cancel the dialog.

The IrfanView Help is an excellent guide to the application. It's worth studying it.
    Last edited by IfThenElse; 25.08.2024, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Open a JPG/JPEG file, type [S] or [CTRL][S], whichever opens the Save window depends on your settings. At the very bottom of the save dialog
      activate 'Show options format dialog', which opens a new windows with the JPG format options. Make your settings and save your settings with
      the [Save] button in that window. If that doesn't work, please come back.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.70/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

You have to save one image with the desired settings. The Save button on the options dialog itself is for the Profiles group. "Try to save with original quality" should be unchecked. If you want high quality, "Disable chroma subsampling" should be checked.

Comment

Working...
        X