Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Batch resize - images are sideways -

Hello everyone
    I am new to posting, fairly new to Irfanview and also not tech-savvy. The problem I am having is most likely caused by my inability to
    see an obvious mistake somewhere.
    When doing the batch resizing most (but not all) photo's show up sideways - which requires me doing another session at my storage site to get them straight. Even though last time I saved
    all of them in the straight version when I transferred them into my photo-storing program they arrived mixed - most of them sideways.
    Other photo's that I had also saved as straight and send out through Hotmail email were straight but arrived all sideways.
    Under the "Use advanced options for bulk resize" I checked "resize: set new size: set long side to: 500 pixels" and ' preserve aspect ration and Use resample function are checked.

That was my selection after previous getting sideways pic's with the "Set one or both sides to: Height 500 pixels.
    The DPI value is set at 72.

I would appreciate it tremendously, if someone could point me in the right direction?

Thank you..................

I suspect that you have Auto-rotate selected. Open Properties/Settings from the Options menu and select the JPG/PCD/GIF tab. Then uncheck Auto-rotate according to EXIF info.

Comment

Thank you, Mij - you were so right. Didn't even know that button existed. Thank you...............

Comment

Working...
      X