Floyd Steinberg Implementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Steinberg Implementation

Hello, Can I know how you've implemented the floyd-steinberg dithering? Im curious as I have never been able to find an equivalent function. To clarify my intent and purpose, I am developing an image encoder for an IoT project that converts image from RGB to HSV then performs quantization and dithering.

Thank you

There are lots of examples on the web. Or you may study a source code of any open source graphics editor.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

No other implementations that I've found perform as good and the one used in IrfanView. I have looked at the others.

Comment

The dithering algorithm in IrfanView uses optimized color palette for the best results. The palette is generated from the most used colors in the picture. Other graphics editors usually do the same.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I fully agree that there are many examples of code for such an implementation. When I just started programming, so also copied someone else's code. Lol

Comment

Working...
          X