Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported batch conversion - images gets mixedup

if u open irfanview in multiple instances, and run batch conversion in each
    ( I had to run in as i had a lot of conversions to be done urgently) there are problems.

(i was converting 100 documents each in 4 instances running on a quad machine with 4 GB)

eg
    there is document A in instance 1 has three pages
    and document B in instance 2 has two pages

then sometimes the output of document A in instance 1 will contain pages from Document B.
    The document A will have three pages but some from A and some from B, or viceversa

Changed the bug's status to "reported" as no one has even confirmed it yet. "Pending" means it has been confirmed by Irfan and will probably be fixed in the next release, or has already been fixed in a test version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

thanks.
      being a newbie, wasn't aware of the nity gritty.
      will take care next time.
      btw.. how much time will it take to get a satisfactory reply/result

Comment

That depends on who passes by. This is a user2user forum, so it depends on someone else having a multi-core procesor, and the time to test it. You could forward the bug report directly to Irfan if you're confident you have a reliable recipe.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Presumably what you are converting are multi-page documents. Are they Tiff or PDF ?

Comment

i was converting pdf files.
            ---
            but the bug should be for both tiif or pdf( any multi doc format).

Comment

Originally posted by mayavi View Post
              i was converting pdf files.
              ---
              but the bug should be for both tiif or pdf( any multi doc format).
              Not necessarily. For PDF Irfanview uses two plugins, one to read and another to write to PDF. There is probably more scope for problems like this to arise if data is transferred between processes.

Comment

Working...
              X