How Does One Use BPG Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How Does One Use BPG Format?

The Better Graphic Format, in this feature request has been implemented.

I have installed IrfanView 4.40 and the plugins, The BPG.DLL is listed in my plugins.

However, BPG files are not recognised, and there is no option to save in BPG format.

Does anyone know what should work, and how to make it work?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

I made a clean install and neither 32- nor 64-bit version comes with a bpg.dll library. It came with one of 4.38 test versions in April though, it worked (read-only), and it looks that if you installed 4.40 over previous version, it remained there, but it doesn't work with 4.40. (I copied it manually to plugins directory without success.)

BPG format is also not mentioned in changelog or on the list of supported formats. So it seems it wasn't included in this version after all.

Have a nice evening!
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. That is obviously what happened. Irfan apparently dropped support for BPG viewing. There is little to be gained from just viewing BPG files if IrfanView cannot export to the format.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just viewing is good enough for viewer.
        IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Working...
        X