Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Batch insert text

Hi,

Posting this again in hope of a solution: "Adjust font size to current zoom-in size" is always grayed-out:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FontSize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	589.8 KB
ID:	84830

Can anyone show me how to use this setting please.

Here's what I am doing:
    Selecting the first image in a folder.
    View - Display options - Fit image to Desktop (read somewhere to use one of the "Fit images to..." options, used this and "to Desktop")
    Pressing B for Batch Conversion
    Clicking "Add all" & selecting first image (so it shows in preview window)
    Click Advanced Options button (nothing is ticked here)
    Clicking "Add overlay text" Settings button
    On the dialogue box, I have settings to add text in top left, font size 12 (as this is what I have been using for years)
    The Adjust font size to current zoom-in size tick box is greyed-out. Changing anything on this dialogue box doesn't seem
    to do enable the tick box.

Tried this on small images and very large images, zoomed-in to 66%, with 32bit & 64bit, with no luck - I'm obviously missing something - but I can't see it!

(Using Windows 7 x64, with Irfanview 4.42 32bit & 64bit)

I'm not experienced with adding text via IrfanView, but the wording 'current zoom-in size' suggests to me that it is irrelevant in batch mode, as there is no image displayed zoomed or not.

Just my 2 cents

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Hey Jazzman,
      I see now. This can't be done in Batch Processing. What a shame. I didn't realise you could bring up the Add Overlay Text to image dialogue on it's own (i.e. outside of Batch Mode). What a numptee - of course you can - Ctrl T!
      Doh!
      Thanks for your "2 cents" - solved!

Comment

Originally posted by ttratl View Post
        Thanks for your "2 cents" - solved!
        Can you check something about the forum for me? Do you see any way from the thread tools at the top of the thread to mark it as solved?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Can you check something about the forum for me? Do you see any way from the thread tools at the top of the thread to mark it as solved?
          Nothing under thread tools, or anywhere else I can see, to mark it solved...

Comment

Thanks. That has not been fixed yet then. Only moderators can change the thread's status, which is OK as most users won't do it themselves unless there's a really easy click button method.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X