Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safest site to download Irfanview

Hi,

CNet is listed as the first site to download Irfanview but hasn't that site been plagued with garbage-ware?

Could you pls. share the safest site to download Irfanview?

I don't see where I can check-mark so I receive email notifications if anyone posts a response.

I thought I'd set that up originally.

Thanks so much.

I asked Irfan Skiljan for permission to host the downloads on my own site for that very reason. These big sites are no longer trustworthy in my opinion, as you have to be very careful to click the right link.

The installer will install Chrome Browser if you're not careful, so do read the dialogues when you install it.

I am afraid that is the price one pays for free software. The cost of providing downloads for millions of users has to be met somehow. If my bandwidth use became too high, the first thing I would do is remove these free downloads.

The thread tools link at the top of the thread should show you if you are subscribed to this thread. Check the Settings link at top right to see your General Settings about when to receive emails.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.12.2016, 06:24 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There are many sites that offer you Irfanview without any nasties.

From the www.irfanview.com site click on the Other download sites link below the main Download boxes that send you to CNet, and there you will find many alternatives including sites you probably have more confidence in.

I always set my Browser to let me Save the file rather than do an automatic install online. That way I can check that the file I am getting is the right one, currently iview442_setup.exe (2.03MB) for 32 bit or iview442_x64_setup.exe (3.21MB) for 64 bit Irfanview.

Comment

Working...
      X