Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Command line /extract launches the interface window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Command line /extract launches the interface window?

I'm trying to extract pages from a large number of tiff files which may or may not be multipage. Since wildcarding didn't seem to work, I'm usign an AutoIT script to build a cmd file with a command for every file in my source directories, and sending the output to other corresoponding directories. My commands look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\467.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif)
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\471.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif)
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\476.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif)
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\478.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif)

but when I run the file, the user interface launches. How can I suppress the UI and make this work? I have approximately 15k multipage files to extract, so manual is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

In i_options.txt there's a command switch for:

/cmdexit - close current IrfanView after command line processing

Would that work by exiting IrfanView after each line in the script, e.g?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\467.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif) /cmdexit

I very rarely use command lines myself.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      In i_options.txt there's a command switch for:

/cmdexit - close current IrfanView after command line processing

Would that work by exiting IrfanView after each line in the script, e.g?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\caldwell\book s\caldwellnc\deed\Book99\467.TIF /extract=(c:\users\ksegrist\documents\counties\cald well\books\caldwellnc\OUTPUT\Book99,tif) /cmdexit

I very rarely use command lines myself.
      Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know.

Comment

I was concerned it simply wouldn't do anything, since when I manually closed the UI the next command opened it again but no files were processed...

BUT... it's working like a champ!!

You ROCK!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that my guess worked. I wish all questions were that easy to resolve.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X