Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop to 100%

Hope someone can help me!

Currently, when I crop a jpeg in Irfanview (Ctrl+Y) it crops to fit the window, which means the percentage is variable. If I want to crop it to 100% I then have to Ctrl+H to make it 100%.

I USED to have Irfanview set so that when I cropped it would automatically crop to 100%. That's what I want to do again!

I know this is something very simple but checking on the View and Image menus I can't remember for the life of me how I set this originally.

Thank you in advance!

Sue

Whether you crop first, or zoom first, you have to use the fit 100% (Ctrl H) option. Or, you can use the "f" shortcut to toggle fit to desktop with zoom 100%. I find that easier to use.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for replying .

This is odd, though, because I KNOW I had Irfanview set to automatically size crops to 100%.

Mysterious.

Comment

Are you perhaps thinking of the "Capture visible window area" function from the Edit menu?

Comment

Sorry - only just seen your reply!
          No, it's not Capture Visible Window Area either .

I'm still stumped!

Thanks anyway!

Comment

If it is not that, then you need to explain what you mean by "crop to 100%". 100% of what?
            You crop to a defined image size not to a specified zoom ratio.

If you have set "Display options (Window mode)" to one of the Fit image to window options, then after you crop the image, the zoom ratio will change automatically to fit the reduced size image to the window again. That applies even if you have changed the zoom ratio temporarily after first opening the image (including using Ctrl+H to zoom to 100% ratio). The only way that you can stop the zoom ratio from changing is to lock it by pressing Shift+L before you crop.

If you have set "Display options (Window mode)" to Fit window to image (1:1) then the window itself will reduce in size to maintain the 100% zoom ratio.

Comment

Working...
            X