Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blur plugin seems to stop working on large images....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blur plugin seems to stop working on large images....

Hello!

It's me again. Sorry.

So I have just discovered these "plugin" things and am having a dashing good time
    fiddling around and mangling the heck out of some of my sci fi ish pictures but...

Is there a cut off size for the BLUR plugin? I like to work with large images to get
    a fake higher resolution but I think blur is not liking this. Around 4000 pix high.

I have just successfully blurred a 1080 pix high image with no issues...

and I am really really liking it.

help? Thank you!

( I tried search but found too much to read... thought I would just wave my hand around...)

Salute!

5yn.

PS. I have attached a small excerpt from my visual sci fi story. ( It has used a lot of blur.) : )
    Attached Files

I was able to run Blur on a much larger image 8133 x 10800 pixels without difficulty (Radial Blur took a long time, but it also worked).

The reason that Blur does not seem to be working is that the effect is much less obvious on a larger image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The standard Blur Effect is not suitable for large image areas because the overall visual effect is so small. Instead open the Effects browser (Ctrl+E) and use one of the Gaussian blurs instead.

Comment

Working...
      X