Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugins folder for Windows 10 Store version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Plugins folder for Windows 10 Store version?

Apparently Windows 10 Store apps don't get installed in the regular Programs directory, so I don't know where to find the PlugIns folder!

Anyone? I love the idea of Irfanview in the Windows Store, but it's seriously crippled if it's not possible to find/use the plugins folder.

Comment

It looks that you will have to wait for someone that is actually using this. The brief description doesn't mention any limitations ("60+ plugins ..."). On my Windows 10 laptop, the "regular" IrfanView is working well, both 32- an 64-bit versions, but I am not using any "apps".
      Last edited by Jacal; 19.07.2017, 06:55 PM.
      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

I don't see the advantage of getting it from the Windows Store instead of from the publisher's website. If you're having difficulty finding the plugins you can download the installers from IrfanView help page (see my signature).
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\30067IrfanSkiljanIrfanVie.IrfanV iew_4.4.4.0_x86__psgec73n2n7ne\i_view32.exe

Das ist der Installationspfad den ich finde aber ich kann dort keine Plugins installieren ich schaffe es nicht diesen Ordner in Besitz zu nehmen
          Windows 10 x64 Version 1703 Build 15063.x -Windows Defender
          CPU-2x Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz ¦ GrKa-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 ¦ Speicher-8GB SDRAM
          Wenn ein unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten ist, frage ich mich immer, welche Fehler erwartet wurden...

Comment

Originally posted by minioma81671 View Post
            C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\30067IrfanSkiljanIrfanVie.IrfanV iew_4.4.4.0_x86__psgec73n2n7ne\i_view32.exe
            Das ist der Installationspfad den ich finde aber ich kann dort keine Plugins installieren ich schaffe es nicht diesen Ordner in Besitz zu nehmen
            Thanks; I can't do anything in this folder either. I guess the Win10 app version of Irfanview isn't really intended for power users.

Comment

The advantage is that the Store app can update automatically and handles file associations better.

Comment

Working...
              X