• Show
Clear All

Solved Crop to...window area?

Here's situation:
    1) I have big image (bigger than monitor resolution),
    2) I'm in window mode, so I see vertical and horizontal scroll bars,
    3) In status bar, zoom is 100%,
    4) I'm using '-' key for unzoom and right mouse button for pan,
    5) Finally I see what I want to see after crop, the zoom is 51% and there're still horizontal and vertical scroll bars.

Now:
    - I can't set selection from one corner of window to another because when I'm geting closer to a corner the image starts to scrolling,
    - I didn't found anything usefull (in this case) in "Create custom crop selection",
    - The "Capture visible window area" would be great but...it also reduces size (dimension in pixels),

So is there anyway to do this? To set selection or crop to — visible window area?

What's wrong with Fit Images to Desktop (Shortcut F)?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It shows whole image. It doesn't 'edit' the image
      And I need to...crop/cut-out only the part of image that I actually see in...window frame.

Comment

You can set the custom crop to whatever you want, move it around, then crop with Ctrl+Y.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Make any selection, then move the sides of the selection individually towards the edges of the window. This way there will be no automatic scrolling as you get close to the edges.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Bingo!
            Thanks

But to be sure: there's no "Capture visible window area" function, but without reducing resolution?

Comment

I'm fairly sure there isn't - I too was disappointed when the "Capture visible window area" function was added and turned out to just be a screenshot, not a proper crop.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

You got it in one, it shoudl be pure crop function not a screenshot.

Comment

The menu item is "Capture visible window area," which is obviously a screenshot, not a crop.

Comment

Yes. We know what it is
                    We just saying what we - wish - it would be
                    So it's more like "new feature suggestion"

Comment

Working...
                    X