Batch Changing of Canvas Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Batch Changing of Canvas Size

Batch changing size of canvas is needed, and very important.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.04.2019, 06:22 AM. Reason: Removed Caps Lock

The feature has been available for some time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Set Canvas Size.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	83263
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The feature has been available for some time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5540[/ATTACH]
      thanks friend. I didn't see that...

Comment

Hello,
        My 1st (stupid) question in this forum : Is this feature lossless ?

Just want to add 150 pixells at right & left side because the printer at the shop (proffessional stuff !) is definitely cropping 150 (significant) pixels.
        Don' t want to loose any detail, it is for a court case.

Comment

If you save scans as PNG it is a lossless format, and usually the best format for text.

Losses when repeatedly saving as JPG are minimal. Use the "Try to save with original JPG quality" option to ensure minimal losses of data.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            ......Use the "Try to save with original JPG quality" option.....
            I've been using Irfanview for a long time but never noticed this option. Thanks for pointing it out.

When I felt the need to do this, I used to save the image as a temporary file without overwriting the original and adjust the quality setting by trial and error to get approximately the same file size. Of course, I didn't have to do this individually for each image from a known source. For example, after doing some minor editing to photos from my old Panasonic FZ30 camera, I found that saving at 97-98% quality setting in JPG resulted in about the same file size. Shots taken with some cameras from that era needed less than 90%.
            Irfanview 4.56, Windows 7U x64

Comment

Working...
            X