save as .jpg or .jpeg at will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved save as .jpg or .jpeg at will

Is there anyway to manipulate the Save or Save as dialog box so I can assign .jpg or .jpeg as the file extension at will?

I'm doing bookkeeping for an organization and need to scan receipts and store them in electronic format. Often times, I need to have identical file name for two different but related receipts. Since Windows doesn't allow identical names, I have to resort to using different file extension, in my case, .jpg and .jpeg. IrfanView groups these two extensions together. It doesn't let me select which extension to use. Anyway to get around that?

Scanned images of receipts will very likely be mostly text, with very few colours. These are usually smaller and sharper when saved in PNG format.

High quality JPG images will be almost as sharp, but much larger. So save one copy as PNG and one as JPG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Metafile Test.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	83452Click image for larger version

Name:	Metafile Test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	83453
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X