Thread: Irfanview version 4.54: where can I find it?

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.42
    OS
    64-bit Win 10

Default Irfanview version 4.54: where can I find it?

I want to download version 4.54 in English but cannot find it.

On which site can I find it?

Thanks

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

See the help page in my forum signature.

What problems are you having with the latest version 4.56?

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.42
    OS
    64-bit Win 10

Thanks.

Problems: I upgraded (not uninstalled 4.54 then installed 4.56) 4.54 to 4.56. In Batch Conversion/Rename > Advanced Settings, "Overwrite [was] not possible" warning appeared and the settings I made in Adv Settings were LOST each time I closed and reopened it. Also, font in this 4.56 Adv Settings was more difficult to read.

I reset my laptop to a date prior to update and thus got back 4.54. Everything was then as before, all working "normally". Now, on that laptop, I need to re-install all optional programs (new HD fitted; not yet returned from repair) and so wanted to be able to put on it 4.54.

However, on this other Windows 10 (64-bit) device, I uninstalled old version of IrView and installed 4.56 (32-bit). Now working "as it should" (like 4.54. in other words), though font still seems smaller.

Any comment or advice, please?

*When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associte extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Latest Windows 10 makes file associations difficult. Do it via Windows Settings rather than within IrfanView settings. Font sizes are also dependent on windows settings, not in IrfanView.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.42
    OS
    64-bit Win 10

*When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associate extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Thanks for your reply but I don't know what "associating extensions" means so have no idea as to how to do it in Windows. Is it something I should do? What are the desired results?

Quote Originally Posted by popotla View Post
    *When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associate extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Thanks for your reply but I don't know what "associating extensions" means so have no idea as to how to do it in Windows. Is it something I should do? What are the desired results?
    Extensions means file types that are identified by a dot plus 3 or 4 letters after the file name - like .jpg, .png, etc. In general, associating an extension with a particular program means that that program will open files with that extension when you double-click the icon.

Thread Information