View Window Continually Moves to Upper Left Side of Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved View Window Continually Moves to Upper Left Side of Screen

Hi - I've been a casual user for a while and would like to replace the awful W10 Pictures program as default with IrfanView.

However, I've had a persistent problem that when I view pictures in a folder sequentially (i.e., use "Next"), the IrfanView viewing window relocates to the upper left corner of my screen.

I do have the "remember last window size/position" boxc checked.

I'm using IrfanView 4.56 64 bit and W10 Home v2004 64 bit on a Parallels VM.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Try enabling Put the window in the middle of the screen above that setting to Remember last window size/position.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi - thank you for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't mention that I had tried this. It does indeed put the window in the middle of the screen.

However, my work flow requires that the image be on the right side of the screen, as I am editing text in another program on the left/center of the screen. I expected the "remember last window size/position" checkbox would do exactly this, but it doesn't seem to provide this functionality?

Comment

As soon as you load an image larger than the window you have used for IrfanView, the window resizes to fit the larger image.

Try Fit only big images to window from the View menu, Display Options.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok - thank you! Checking this "Fit only big images to window" from the View menu, Display Options AND unchecking "Put the window in the middle of the screen" produced the desired result!

Comment

Working...
          X