Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting photos from slideshow

Good afternoon all,

I have a photo slide show that the properties show as having been made with IV 3.7.5.
    I want to extract the photos from this slide show. When I try to open it up with the current version of IV 4.10 that I have now, it does not recognize it as being an IV application and states file format now found.
    I have gone through the FAQs and also I did a search within the forum for learning how to extract. I have tried the F keys and the HotKeys suggested and none of them are working. I can only assume this is because of all of the plugins that have been produced since the version that made this .exe.
    Is there any way to get a copy of that version without it canceling out my current version or does anyone know of another method for me to extract the photos? I even tried multiextractor but without purchasing it, the trial version watermarks and only shows thumbnails of all photos, so I uninstalled it and came here. I've even been told to change the file extension, however we all know that doesn't change it into anything other than what it is with a new file extension. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

R/s
    Piccrazy

Run the slideshow and use the following shortcut to extract the frames as it says in help.

E = Extract all files from EXE slideshow

If this doesn't work for slideshows created in earlier versions of IrfanView, which did not support extraction of images from slideshows, you will have to use a screen capture utility such as FastStone Capture to grab each picture and save it directly to a file.

Slideshows are executable files — they cannot be opened in IrfanView.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.05.2010, 03:52 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank You very much Bhikkhu Pesala. I downloaded Fastone and I am doing some tweaking cutting the pics out of the screen captures but this was extremely helpful to me. I sincerely appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X