This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matera View Post
    The line-feed square appears whenever Enter is used, with or without Shift. It would depend on one's system settings and maybe the font used, so some might not see it? This is a baddie.
    I can't reproduce it. Does it happen with standard fonts (Times New Roman, Arial, Tahoma)? What operating system are you working on?
    The pasted format was an accidental discovery.
    It works exactly as any word processor works; if you don't like the formatting of the pasted text just change it.
    One thing I have had a problem dealing with is precise positioning, I can't get the coordinates
    Maybe we could solve this just with a simple improvement in IV (display the coords of the cursor in the state bar).
    Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    I fully agree wit matera about the repositiong of the coordinates in a one-step or fixed-step way.
    But this is a broader item than just text, It's valid for any drawn or set selection.
    How to move the complete selection just 2 pixels to the left ?
    Are you talking about floating selections? This would involve layers...
    For text moving function, see the release post.
    Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    This is what I would suggest:
    Thank you Bhikkhu.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.8.54 released

The new IrfanPaint beta release just fixes the undo feature of the text tool and updates its tooltip.
      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

The square appears with all basic fonts that I tried -- Arial and Times New Roman are on my sample image. It reminds me of when I mess around with some of my odd collection of text editors.

The Richtext features caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting an "image word processor" -- lol -- pretty nice, if the line end thing can be exorcised. I have tried a few odd hax with the odd text editors to no avail.

WindwoesXP pro sp2, language English (US), generic keyboard
        Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 02:37 AM.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Swift work, MItaly, thanks.
          I was not talking about a floating selection, because I know the consequences.
          It was more about a direct down-up change of the values in the boxes of the coordinates, and refresh the position of the selection.

About the square:
          I noticed a difference between the actual text and the square, if one chooses 'Filled path' in the text-dialog.
          The square just has the foreground color.
          Another notice about this text-dialog while it's active: I can't seem to change the font-size.

2 Bhikkhu
          Thanks, I understand now.
          In this situation it would be nice to switch focus from the text-dialog to the main IV-one, to be able to shift
          the text to a more favorable, exact position. The form is approved, but the place needs an adjustment.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
            I can't reproduce it. Does it happen with standard fonts (Times New Roman, Arial, Tahoma)? What operating system are you working on?
            With all fonts I have tried except Tahoma, the .notdef glyph is displayed. Even with Tahoma, a space is added to the end of the line for the carriage return.

The text in the attachment was centre justified.
            Attached Files
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

The Irfan Paint rich text edit box supports Unicode text (you can paste from other apps like Babelmap), but it is not supported when placed in IrfanView.

If the edit box could be moved away from the text cursor origin automatically it would help a lot with the Preview button.
              Attached Files
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                The square appears with all basic fonts that I tried -- Arial and Times New Roman are on my sample image. It reminds me of when I mess around with some of my odd collection of text editors.
                Still can't reproduce it... if someone experiences this problem, has time and trusts me I may do remote debugging on his/her machine.
                Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                Swift work, MItaly, thanks.
                I was not talking about a floating selection, because I know the consequences.
                It was more about a direct down-up change of the values in the boxes of the coordinates, and refresh the position of the selection.
                I don't like too much this... anyway, when I'll have finished with the other stuff I may add it.
                About the square:
                I noticed a difference between the actual text and the square, if one chooses 'Filled path' in the text-dialog.
                The square just has the foreground color.
                I think that it's just because the square-character is not a closed path, so it can't be filled.
                Another notice about this text-dialog while it's active: I can't seem to change the font-size.
                You have to select the text to change its formatting, as you do in any word processor.
                In this situation it would be nice to switch focus from the text-dialog to the main IV-one, to be able to shift
                the text to a more favorable, exact position. The form is approved, but the place needs an adjustment.
                Ok, I'll work on this.
                Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                The Irfan Paint rich text edit box supports Unicode text (you can paste from other apps like Babelmap), but it is not supported when placed in IrfanView.
                I've just converted the whole plugin to Unicode (booooring and error-prone work, I understand why Irfan doesn't want to do it). See attachment for a test with strange characters. BTW, maybe with the Unicode conversion the square-character problem disappeared.
                Attached Files
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.9.55 released

The new IrfanPaint beta release includes the following changes:
                  • added the replace color tool;
                  • added Unicode support to the plugin; this way the text tool should work correctly with Unicode characters;
                  • done some code cleanup.

Note: to support Unicode I had to change much code, so there might be some string handling errors or buffer overflows. Be careful with this beta and always report me any strange behavior.
                  IrfanPaint developer

Comment

The Unicode Text seems to be working OK.
                    The .notdef glyph is still printing for the carriage return.

Comment

Still can't reproduce it... if someone experiences this problem, has time and trusts me I may do remote debugging on his/her machine.
                      I trust you, but I don't know if we can mesh time zones lol

I've just converted the whole plugin to Unicode (booooring and error-prone work, I understand why Irfan doesn't want to do it). See attachment for a test with strange characters. BTW, maybe with the Unicode conversion the square-character problem disappeared.
                      Nope, still got boxies
                      ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Just fixed a bug in the b0.4.9.56 (the advanced eraser didn't work).

To fix the .notdef problem, I need someone who has the problem to help me by letting me make remote debugging on his/her machine (send me an e-mail/PM for more details).
                        ---EDIT---
                        @matera: just saw your post, you'll have an MP with some instructions.
                        Last edited by MItaly; 09.03.2008, 09:29 PM.
                        IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Dude, you must be in Obsession Mode
                          ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

2 MItaly
                            You forgot to change the version number at the bottom.
                            I am quite pleased with the color replacer tool.

2 Bhikkhu Pesala
                            I must have missed something, but how do I enter a Unicode character in the text-dialog, for example with Veluvana?
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

There is a nice Unicode font viewer at www.soft-gems.net/
                              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Thanks. A site with nice tools. I can indeed make a copy/paste of a character.
                                But I still just see a set within the 8-bits range.

I'm afraid, that I make some wrong approach in this, by confusing this Unicode concept here, with the sets
                                which can be found at unicode.org.
                                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X