Change the date of an image file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the date of an image file

I need to change permanently the "Date Modified" date of a JPG image copied from a digital camera.

After I rotate the image its "Date Modified" changes from January 20, 2011 to September 1, 2011. As a result of the date change, the image no longer appears in its correct position when the directory is sorted.

I have software that constructs an HTML file of the images. The software sorts the images by their creation date. The rotated images incorrectly appear at the end of the array.

I have read that some of the utilities with this function are unsafe. II would appreciate your recommendation of a utility (preferably a free one) that will accomplish the required task.

Thanks, Bill

IrfanView has an option to retain the file date when using Lossless Rotation.

Doesn't that work for you?
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I have upgraded my IrfanView and added the plugins on my Windows 7 machine and I will do the same on my XP machine.

Two questions:
      1. Although I can control the date with the JPG lossless rotation, I need a utility to change the dates of files that have previously been modified before the installation of that plugin. Can you recommend a utility that a) permits the dates of several files to be changed at once (and perhaps also their names), b) is free or low cost;

2. How did you place the yellow highlight on your attachment?

Thanks, Bill

Comment

1. I don't know the answer to that one
        2. FastStone Capture — ver 5.3 is freeware.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X