Thin Border at the start of the program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin Border at the start of the program

Alt + Shift + B: Show Thin Or normal Border. I always wanted to have something like that in IV. My question is whether I can set this function forever. Either in the ini file or in Windows registry or with any other option. I am currently opening an image file in IV without a menu, toolbar, caption. In addition, having no window frame would be nice.

Generally, the border size of a window in Windows is a setting of the operating system.
    AFAIK you can't have a window without a border in all versions prior to Windows 10. With Windows 10 (and maybe 11) you need to disable
    Windows Aero if you want a zero border window. In full screen you'll have no window borders nor any other IrfanView window component.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.70/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Forget View Post
      I am currently opening an image file in IV without a menu, toolbar, caption. In addition, having no window frame would be nice.
      You mean the same as you get when viewing fullscreen?

Comment

First, thank you for your answers.

No, I didn't mean full screen mode. There are definitely no disturbing elements. I mean the normal mode after an image, whether large or small, in the IVIEW program window is opened. In Windows 11, for example, the Media Player has a minimal window edge. Maybe only 1 pixel wide. Just like in this screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vergleich WMP.png
Views:	1226
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	97272

Since I recently learned about the Shortcut Alt + Shift + B Show Thin or normal Border, I almost always use it.

IVIEW screenshot with and without Alt + Shift + B.

Name:	Vergleich.png
Views:	1105
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	97273

The difference is not really big, but I really like the thin window frame. And would have liked to know whether it is possible to always start with "Thin Border".
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, the border size of a window in Windows is a setting of the operating system.

Comment

I don't know for sure but this is a setting program there must be a way. Check the operating programs and see if there is anything helpful.

Comment

I don't have Windows11, because Microsoft thinks my PC isn't worth. In Win10 I use Winaero Tweaker to set the bordersize (https://winaerotweaker.com/).
              Maybe it helps in Win11 too.
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.70/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

It sounds like you're looking to customize the behavior of a specific keyboard shortcut (Alt + Shift + B) in a program called IV to toggle between showing thin or normal borders. Achieving this customization might require a bit of technical knowledge and familiarity with the program's settings, configuration files, or potentially even scripting. Toledo Construction Companies?

Comment

The Help file says:
                  Alt + SHIFT + B Show/hide window thin border (current session only)
                  ?
                  I could not find it on the menus. If it is there, the shortcut can be edited, but it will still only work for the current session.
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.67 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
                    I don't have Windows11, because Microsoft thinks my PC isn't worth. In Win10 I use Winaero Tweaker to set the bordersize (https://winaerotweaker.com/).
                    Maybe it helps in Win11 too.nulls brawl?
                    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and liked it.

And what is Alt + Shift + B? It isn't doing anything here. I'm using Win 10.

Comment

The change is not obvious, but Alt+Shift+B does remove the border.

Name:	Standard Border.png
Views:	215
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	98650 Click image for larger version

Name:	Thin Border.png
Views:	27
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	98651
                      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.67 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                      X