Decode Error on JPEG images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decode Error on JPEG images

This is not particularly related to Irfanview, other JPEG readers gave the same problem, which is a Decode Error of a batch of photos I took a few days ago in a Sony RX10M4.
    In my camera I had inserted that morning a microSD card, in an SDcard-holder (so it would fit into my camera). I formatted it in my camera, took ages (20-30 mins).
    At the end of the day I found most of my 66 pix unable to open, only the 3rd image and some (6) in the middle opened in regular fashion (Irfanview a.o.).
    I suspect de microSD card uses a different compression..?
    Subsequently used the microSD card in a GoPro and worked fine, both for photos and video.

Could find nothing wrong in my camera settings. This is not about the camera, imo.
    They don't open in Photoshop either, nor in the Windows Photo Viewer.
    I use Windows 7. The exif data seem all in order, can access them all.

Is there a procedure or software that could open the ones giving me problems?
    Some of the error codes (mostly 'JPEG datastream contains no image'), but the others were repeated as well and all in a random order.
    >>>
    Unsupported JPEG process/compression: SOF type 0xc7
    Unsupported JPEG process/compression: SOF type 0xcf
    Unsupported JPEG process/compression: SOF type 0xce
    Unsupported JPEG process/compression: SOF type 0xcb
    Unsupported JPEG process/compression: SOF type 0xc3
    Invalid JPEG file structure: SOS before SOF
    JPEG datastream contains no image
    Bogus marker length
    Bogus DAC index 229
    Bogus DAC index 229 <<<
    Help appreciated.

Likely the files are corrupted. Upload a sample image.

Comment

As I thought I'd made it plain I cannot open the file to show an image. So I cannot upload an image.

Comment

It does not matter whether you can open the file or not.
        The forum might also reject it if it's not a valid JPG image, but if you zip it into an archive, you can upload the archive.
        Experts can unzip the archive and check the file.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Tried to upload but does not work, I get "DSC05619.JPG
          Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content." How come .JPG is not accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSimba View Post
            Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content." How come .JPG is not accepted?
            It does accept valid JPG images, but yours is corrupted, which is why I suggested archiving it.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSimba View Post
              Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match employee monitoring content." How come .JPG is not accepted?
              It could be just a file with name .jpg but with another file format. I mean dfopmksw.jpg.PNG
              Last edited by Manisha4; 17.06.2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Can you ZIP and upload the problematic file?
                My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
                X