Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resample+sharpen broken for grayscale input (v4.37)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Resample+sharpen broken for grayscale input (v4.37)

In IrfanView 4.37, the option 'Apply sharpen after Resample' has no consequence when resampling 8 bpp grayscale images; checked vs unchecked produces identical output. There seem to be no dependencies other than input being grayscale.

Nothing? The bug is not OS-specific and it is very easy to reproduce. All I want to know is if Irfan is aware of it or I need to contact him myself (which I obviously should've done right away).

Comment

It is not a question I could answer, so I left it for someone else who could.

It often helpful to report bugs here first, as others may be able to tell you that it's not a bug, or that it's already been reported. It may save some precious time for Irfan. I am sure he gets lots of email already.

Anyone can send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan — not just moderators or members of this user run support forum. If you started the thread, I think you can change the thread's status too.

I assume that you have now sent a bug report so I have changed the status to "Forwarded."

Please let us know his reply so that we can keep the info up to date.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 01.05.2014, 08:55 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I thought the protocol was to wait for the bug to be confirmed by others and then one of you mods forwards it to Irfan. So I waited. Anyhow, it's forwarded now, thanks for your reply. I'll keep you notified. And I can't change the thread status, I can only close/delete it.

Comment

The bug has been confirmed by Irfan and fixed in the development version.

Comment

Working...
          X