Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Select TWAIN Source from acquire/batch scanning always hangs

Hello.

I am using Irfanview 4.38 under Windows 7 x64. I have several scanners connected via Ethernet cable and/or USB. I can change between them quite easily from any software but when doing the same from Irfanview's Acquire/Batch scanning dialog, it always hang, without any error message. The program just sits there and you cannot even close the dialog.

Any ideas?

IrfanView is only a 32-bit application, which I suspect is the cause of your problem.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that's the reason but I also have got Corel's Paint Shop Photo Pro X3, which is also 32 bits (x86) and I can switch among all TWAIN devices with no issues at all, even on the fly.

Comment

I seem to recall that problems have been reported in the past over connections to a network, which is presumably where the Ethernet cables go. Can you determine whether the problem still exists if only local USB connections are involved?
        I am thinking that Irfanview might be waiting for a reply from a network connection that never comes.

Comment

I only have one scanner, connected to network via wi-fi. Works fine with IV on multiple x64 computers.
          IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

If you have only 1 scanner your probably don't need to switch among TWAIN devices.

Comment

Probably not.

When I connect my DSLR, it is recognised as a twain source, so I have something to switch, and it switches without problems; if this is at least a little bit more useful.
              IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

If Jacal is using network connections to get data from a remote scanner though it does indicate that the sort of problems reported in the past are probably no longer relevant.
                Am I right to assume that when you click on "Select Twain source" you can see listed all the Twain sources that you expect to be present? If that is so, are you saying that none of them work at all, or does the problem show up just when you are trying to switch from one to another?

Comment

Yes, all of them show up properly but as soon as I select one and hit start, the scanner doesn't respond anymore. And yes it's usually switching from the usb one to the ethernet one. Not a big issue because I can always select TWAIN source with another program and then scan normally using IV, but annoying nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                  X