Irfanview 4.42 64-bit crashes when trying to print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Irfanview 4.42 64-bit crashes when trying to print

When I try to print to my default – and only – printer (Canon MF8350Cdn, connected through the network, not USB), IrfanView 4.42 64-bit crashes, I get the Windows error message "Irfanview has stopped responding…"

It happens with the various image formats I've tried (BMP, JPG, PNG).

However, I can print to PDF, using either the Windows built-in function or Primo PDF pseudo printer, and the PDF thus created prints (from Foxit viewer) with no trouble.

OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bits.

How big is the image (in pixel dimensions and bit-depth) that you're trying to print? Does IrfanView stop responding even with small images? Can you print from the 32-bit version? Unless you need to work with huge images, the 32-bit version is recommended due to better plug-in support.

Are any updated printer drivers available for your printer model?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have tried various image sizes. AFAIK, they're all 24-bit deep (see my profile picture and avatar, they're typical). The latest I tried was a 454x640 pixels JPG.
      There have been no updated drivers for my printer since I moved to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. The current ones were released last December.
      I have not tried the 32-bit version of IrfanView yet. I'll download it and see how it fares.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X