no bug JPG lossless rotation takes too much time

Your Operating System - Win7 prof. SP1, 64Bit

IrfanView version number - 4.4.2, 32 Bit

Your hardware specification - Lenovo W510, i7 quadcore

-----------------
    Scanned images with 7040 x 9984 pixel, 24bit

lossles JPG-rotation 90° CCW: takes 1-2 sec

--------------
    increased size (2 images panorama) to 14080 x 9984 pixel, 24bit.
    lossless JPG-rotation 90° CCW: after 200 sec IV still SEEMs to work. But no idea how long this operation will take.

stopped IV manually... IV does not answer...

I tried several images - same problem.

I tried with a panorama of 11888 x 2120 pixels. Rotate 180° and 90° was pretty much instantaneous.

I tried again with a larger image of 8033 x 10800. I had to terminate the process.

The same image rotated quickly using IrfanView 64-bit.

Presumably, the plugin is unable to allocate sufficient memory for this operation on 32-bit.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Irfan Skiljan was not able to reproduce the bug with the test file that I sent him. I was not able to today either. I have no problem with the more compressed version but I still see the bug with original version. I see no reason why more JPG compression should make the slightest difference. Both files are the same size in RAM.

I think the best solution is to use the 64-bit version. If you need to do this in the 32-bit version for some reason, and want to pursue it, send some files and a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (See Help, About for his email address).

In the screenshot, the info dialogue on the left is for the file that I sent to Irfan Skiljan. The one on the right is the original, which was too big to send for many mail boxes.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.09.2016, 08:53 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X