Unable to open JPG or PNG generated by Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Unable to open JPG or PNG generated by Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.1

JPG and PNG graphics generated by Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 won't open in Irfanview 4.4.4 w/Plugins.

I had 64bit 4.4.2 and plugins installed, so I did an update, but still no good.
    Tested on two different PCs (both Windows 10, Creator's Update) and receive "Can't read file header! Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found !"
    But, of course every other app can open them just fine. :-(

Note: There may be other file types exhibiting this issue, but I wanted to post the two I've found as soon as possible.

What's the betting that its a bug in PhotoShop? Did early versions of PhotoShop produce JPG and PNG files that don't open in IrfanView?

Best forward a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (Help, About IrfanView) with a couple of small buggy images.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Good point Bhikkhu, I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS stupid Adobe, but then why would the files open in 'every' other graphics program.
      I'm just wondering if Adobe made a header formatting change that's screwing up Irfanview's ability to parse the file.
      I know Irfanview does an 'improper extension' check, but don't know if it does any other file integrity checks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyScotG View Post
        Good point Bhikkhu, I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS stupid Adobe, but then why would the files open in 'every' other graphics program.
        IrfanView may perform more rigorous checks than other graphic viewers.

You could attach a couple of small files to see if any experts can understand the file headers, but you might as well just forward a report. It's unlikely to be something unique to your setup.

Let me know when you hear back so that I can update this thread.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X