v4.22/v4.10: pixel location and RGB are incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported v4.22/v4.10: pixel location and RGB are incorrect

irfanview version: 4.10 -- searched your change history for anything related and found nothing. I also upgraded to 4.22 and the problem is still there. I zoom in enough (in irfanview) so my entire mouse cursor is within the pixel (for both test cases) and the problem still occurs.

I'm developing some software that, using pixel detection of on-screen items, does specific things (nice and vague, I know)

anyway -- in this process I often take screenshots, save them in mspaint, then load them in irfanview since irfanview has a really nice/easy interface for finding pixels and showing their RGB value at the same time (it's in the title bar)

anyway, something is amiss in the program, and I have created two screenshots to demonstrate. now when I load the (original) screenshot in visual studio developer and find the pixel I need, it is correct and unwavering. but unfortunately, VS does not show me the RGB value when I use their eyedropper tool so I hope you can fix this minor bug

using VS I did a ::PutPixel(461,520,RGB(255,0,0)) -- I put a red pixel at x:461 y:520, and took a screenshot. you will see in this zoomed in version of the screenshot the giant red pixel with no other red pixels surrounding it. you will also see in the two screenshots one that says x:462 and one that says x:461, so thus a problem is apparent.

I haven't doctored anything and have no reason to -- I want this to work!

here are the screenshots (1.5mb each, bitmap). you may notice the version of the screenshots are 4.10, see top of this post for explanation -- the problem still exists:

Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.12.2008, 04:42 PM. Reason: Removed Large Bitmaps

For the benefit of those who are not on broadband, please don't post large images in threads. PNG images are lossless, but much smaller than BMP.

Try using FastStone Capture for picking colours in any program.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.12.2008, 04:51 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X